sabato 28 giugno 2014

Looks aren't everything. Believe me, I'm a model. Video review


http://www.ted.com/talks/cameron_russell_looks_aren_t_everything_believe_me_i_m_a_model


I think this talk is sincere and appealing in that she expresses her insecurity in many ways throughout the whole talk, through her slightly quivering voice and her sometimes stiff, unnatural posture. This sense of insecurity and self-doubt about how she presents herself in relation to the way people perceive her, contrary to the stereotypes people associated with a famous model – fabulous, confident, you tell me – is what she is trying to express. Sadly this is precisely why some people criticize her or this talk for not being "good enough".
Yes, she is nervous. Yes, she may not be an experienced talker who can express himself or herself eloquently in 10 minutes, but I really appreciate her courage to expose a weak, uncertain, vulnerable but REAL self to the world! Also, please remember, she is only 25. She may look older, as she said, her image is “constructed” to make her look more sophisticated, mature, or even jaded. But she is just as young/old as any college students who just graduated from university and barely know what lies ahead of them. Finally, while she is aware of the free things that come with her good look, she is humble and thankful because she knows that many people are underprivileged simply because how they look. I know a lot of people with relative mediocre looks who are judgmental and critical about how others look. I find her honest about the advantages of good looks, and I find her a conscientious person.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento